In this post we are going to talk about some Linux commands for Beginners.
The commands are really simple and if you follow along, its going to be a child’s play. Learning Linux is not that difficult afterall. If you can learn to use Windows, you can do that with Linux as well..;-)
So we are going to discuss basic Linux commands , they are very similar to the commands in DOS.
Let me give you a comparison with the task these commands do.
Now How to use these commands?
Goto the terminal..
Applications-> System Tools -> Terminals
Now Let me show you the use of these commands..
1) mkdir :- mkdir stands for Make Directory. This command is used to create a new directory or u can say a folder
2) rmdir :- rmdir stands for Remove Directory. This command is used to delete a folder (Note a folder must already be created in order to get deleted)
3) cd :- cd stands for Choose directory . It is used to select/ enter a folder
4) ls:- ls is used to list all contents of a directory.
5) clear:- clear is used to clear the terminal screen ie.. it erases all the text on the terminal screen.
The screenshot below will clear all your doubts.
Well I hope you are clear with these basic commands. Its a must for navigation.
This was just the basics. In the next post I will cover some advance topics in details.
And do pass on comments and give your reviews. Let me know if you liked it or not.
Want to learn Linux from beginning ?
Or you may also follow Learn Hacking on Twitter by clicking over here and our Facebook Fanpage by click over here to learn how to hack.