How to Speed up Startup Process in Windows 7
Nowdays most of the people use Windows 7. Though it is much better than the previous version of windows like Windows XP and Windows Vista both in speed and performance but still its speed and performance can be improved.
In this post I will tell you How to Speed up Your Windows 7 Performance
If you run a lot of applications and you think that your Windows 7 has a slow startup, here is another way to speed up Windows 7 boot by enabling the Boot-Only fetching feature.
1. Click Start.
2. Go to the Search programs and files textbox, type regedit.
3. Click Regedit.exe
4. If the UAC window appears, click Yes.
5. In the registry, locate this subkey: Hkey_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\ PrefetchParameters.
6. In the right pane, double-click EnablePrefetcher.
7. Change the value to 2 and click OK.
8. In the right pane, double-click EnableSuperfetch.
9. Change the value to 2 and click OK.
10. Exit the registry and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
11. Next time you turn on your computer, the prefetcher will reserve more resources to the booting process instead of booting and application launching.
I hope it helped. Feel free to pass on comments.